8.16.2004

Beer Snobbery

Although I describe myself as a "beer snob", I am not a very good beer critic. I just know what I like. The Dogfish Head Shelter Pale Ale that's in my fridge now is very good. It was the first beer I got at Oaklyn Discount Liquors, which I would not have thought to go into until my brother recommended it. They have a good selection of craft brews, but I don't know if it's worth having to wait behind a woman buying a case of Molson Ice and a pack of rolling papers (apparently the latter being a last second "Ohh... almost forgot" kind of purchase).

What I really liked this summer has been the Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale and the Lancaster Milk Stout, both of which have gone really well with burgers and steaks. Both beers were purchased at Voorhees Discount Liquors, which has more microbrews and (from my experience) fewer potheads.

I'm still looking for someplace around Philly that sells Kennebunkport Brewing Company beers. They're the beers that turned me into a beer snob ten years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home