10.17.2004

Bush's Plan for Increased Gas Production

Take a look at my Daily Photo

mmmmmm

I have finally found something I like from Bush. As a big chili fan, I was a little skeptical when I first saw Homestyle Chili from Bush Brothers, the company best known for its baked beans and that talking dog Duke. I picked it up the Original Beef Chili with Beans because I could see how good it looked right through its glass jar and because of the nutritional numbers:
Per ½ cup: Calories 150, Total Fat 1g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 550mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 5g, Protein 7g.
Those are great numbers even if you eat a whole cup, like I knew I would. It’s low in sugars and not too bad in salt. Plus no saturated fats! Since I run, I welcome carbs. In fact, I laugh in the face of carbs. Ha!

Anyway, great stuff. I usually get Hormel’s Chili microwave cups, but Bush’s taste better. It’s spicier and thicker. It doesn't come in convenient microwave cups, but the numbers are much better than Hormels.

I also picked up a can of the new Chunky Sizzlin’ Steak Grilled Steak Chili with Beans. I haven’t had a chance to try this yet. The numbers aren’t as good as Bush’s (or Hormel), but they are much better than that horrible-for-you-whether-you-eat-it-with-a-fork-or-a-spoon Chunky soup.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Don't listen to her, Mark. Rock on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home