10.26.2004

Reaching to the Converted

Take a look at my Daily Photo

did i mention i know clinton?

I was one of the estimated 80,000 informed voters to hear the last great president and the next great president speak on the Parkway. Every Democratic politician from the Governor to the local dog catcher was up on that stage, and each of them had to say something. Even local-girl Patti LaBelle was there. About the only person not there was Kerry's mother. But what kind of grown man has their Mommy campaign for them?

that ain't no woman! it's a man, man!

Oh.

Well, it was a lot of fun. Standing up for 3 hours was tough on the legs, but it was a very cool pep-rally. I took some crowd shots. I'll try to link to them soon.

5 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed by Kerry. He does nothing to excite me about voting for him. I don't really like him on a personal level. On the other hand, I can't stand Bush. And I don't really trust either one. So, I'm in a quandry. Wish Clinton were on the ballot again, I'd vote for him again in a heartbeat.
I do have to say that I prefer Barbara Bush over Teresa Kerry lol.

I'm seriously considering just not voting for the first time in my life.

Donna

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

I think Barb loves and supports her son. That makes G.W. a mama's boy? Would you or your wife do the same for your kids, or are you above such open displays of affection?

I can see the new DNC slogan now"

"Family - it makes you a p*ssy."

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Aw, Shawn, I was just joking. I think she did a good job of getting Dubba's message across, especially when she said "I don't know really anything about health care." Now I know where he gets it from.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Donna, I'm dumfounded. I'll let the Nation give you 100 Non-Arguable Facts Against the Bush Administration.

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that there are endless lists of things Bush and his administration have done wrong. Problem is, I'm sure a similiar list could be made for Kerry. I'm so sick of dirtiness of this campaign. There is no time for this bullshit. I don't see either person as being honest, or anything close to it. If you listen to the two sides, NEITHER is competent enough for the office. Usually, I just know who, without question, I want to see elected. In this case, I want neither. So whats worse...voting for Kerry simply to vote against Bush, vice versa, or simply not putting my support behind a person I don't trust or see as a good leader? This is the first election that has really caused me hours of stress and anxiety. I'll just be glad when its over.
Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home