12.18.2004

Fantastic Planet of Football - Week 14

Take a look at my Daily Photo

fantasy players wear teeny tiny helmets

Week 14:
Three And Out 83, Speed Merchants 60

Drew Bennett came up big and led my Fantasy Football team to a 83-60 win over Speed Merchants. That third straight win allowed Three and Out to end the regular fantasy season with a very respectable 8-6 record.

Today marks the beginning of the fantasy playoffs with yet another game against the 10-4 Speed Merchants. The playoffs are typically the time that I, like all good coaches, overanalyze and change everything that got me to the playoffs. This postseason should be no different. After three weeks of not touching my roster (and those three straight wins) I think it's time to shake things up.

Even though my QB Jake Plummer is playing against the porous defense of Kansas City he's become too erratic, both physically and mentally (after flipping hometown fans the bird last week). This weekend I'm going with Ben Roethlisberger. Even though Big Ben hasn't been a big fantasy point-getter he's facing the sad Giants. Playing him should make it even more fun to watch the Steelers cream New York today.

Actually, that's it for this week. The rest of my guys are playing soft defenses this weekend and even I'm not so incompetent a GM to mess with that. So here's my roster this weekend:
QB B. Roethlisberger (Den - QB)
WR T. Owens (Phi - WR)
WR B. Stokley (Ind - WR)
WR D. Bennett (Ten - WR)
RB W. McGahee (Buf - RB)
RB B. Westbrook (Phi - RB)
TE J. Wiggins (Min - TE)
D Baltimore (Bal - D)
BN D. Graham (NE - TE)
BN J. Plummer (Pit - QB)
BN I. Bruce (StL - WR)
BN W. Dunn (Atl - RB)
BN L. Suggs (Cle - RB)
BN D. Staley (Pit - RB)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home