12.14.2004

God is a Real Estate Developer

Take a look at my Daily Photo

click to enlarge

After 10 years of working in Philly and riding PATCO past Olde St. Augustine Church, I'm still waiting for them to put up the sign saying how much the parish is costing the taxpayers by not having to pay property taxes on a pretty valuable piece of real estate.

While I don't really believe that places of worship should have to pay property taxes, I also don't believe in vouchers for parochial school students (which I assume this sign is advocating). And I didn't believe in them while I was paying my way through Holy Cross High either. So quit ye olde complaining Olde St. Augustine.

I think I might still be a bit cranky from my tummy-ache. I'm picking on a church.

[Post title comes from an old song by the great Michelle Shocked.]

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I'm impressed with the advanced math you threw into your comment. And from a public school student to boot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home